Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Our Dumaguete Law Office inaugurated


Last November 23, 2006, our spanking new law office was inaugurated in simple rites in Dumaguete City.
My law partners are Richard Ricky Chiu and Mihail Mik Maxino.
Ricky topped the bar in 1986. While Mik is an eleventh placer in the bar.
The law office is located at the penthouse of Plaza Maria Luisa along V. Locsin Street Dumaguete City.
It is a tiny little office but serves the purposes of entertaining clients, with space for a miniconference and tables for staff and associates.
Present during the inauguration were the parents of the law partners.
It was agreed that mothers of the partners would cut the ribbon.
Unfortunately, my mother was hospitalized that day, so my wife Ruby had to pinch hit.
Guests were present clients and friends and relatives.
We had a simple get together snack after the simple rites.
Pastor Proceso Udarbe, former Silliman University Pastor and Fr. Eking Balongag blessed the law office.
I arrived ten minutes late for the inauguration of my own office.
I was coming from Cebu as I had a hearing in the morning.
I took the Ceres bus to Liloan at 11:30 a.m. It arrived at a little after 2:00 in Liloan.
We had to wait for the fast craft which left Liloan to Sibulan at 3:00 p.m.
I was fetched at the Sibulan wharf and we proceeded to Piapi.
I made a quick bath and immediately proceeded to the inauguration.
.



No comments: