Friday, May 23, 2008

Focusing on the National Budget


I am here at the Mactan International Airport about to board the flight back to Manila.
I am here for for court hearings, but it gave me a little respite from the hectic schedule I had in Manila.
Yesterday, before I left from Manila to Cebu, we had a presentation on the national budget to the Probe Team, a television production.
I am part of a new non-government entity that is studying the national budget.
It is called the Center for National Budget Legislation founded by Joseph Ranola.
He worked in Congress and for the last sisxteen years has focused his energies on studying the budget and trying to make ways to improve budget legislation in the country.
As a new organization, the center is concentrating on introducing itself to let the sectors know what it has been doing, in relation to budget legislation.

No comments: