Monday, April 28, 2008

Never Walk Away

As Journey is about to release their newest album "Revelation" in early June, some of the fresh cuts have been released to radio stations in North America. They have been uploaded in You Tube in anticipation of the public release of the album at Wallmart. The package comes with two cd's, the first containing their greatest hits, and the second, their new songs which include Never Walk Away, After All These Years and Wildest Dreams....On lead vocals of Journey is Filipino rock tenor Arnel Pineda.
Arnel sings together with the Journey main players Neil Schon (guitar), Jonathan Cain (piano), Ross Valory (bass guitar), and Deen Castranovo (drums).

Here's the Youtube upload of Never Walk Away...



Below is Journey's new rock ballad with high potential of turning into another Journey hit "Afer All These Years"....




I have been a long-time Journey fan since I was ten years old. Of course, I grew up enjoying Journey songs with Steve Perry on lead vocals. The present Journey is with Filipino Arnel Pineda. What Arnel Pineda has done is to bridge the generational gap of Journey enthusiasts. Now it is my nine year old son Joshua enjoying Journey songs sang by Arnel Pineda. We are both Journey fans, although my son and I are a generation apart. This, I think, is what makes Journey unique. The older Journey fans still can relate even with the new batch of young Journey fans. My son Josh and I, our favorite Journey song is "Only The Young"...


No comments: